Removing the air baffle
Use this information to remove the air baffle.
To remove the air baffle, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Turning off the server).
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Grasp the air baffle, disengage pins from pin holes; then, lift the air baffle up. Figure 1. Air baffle removal
- Remove the air baffle from the server and set it aside.AttentionFor proper cooling and airflow, replace the air baffle before you turn on the server. Operating the server with the air baffle removed might damage server components.