MicroSD card removal and installation for dual Ethernet port SMM
Use this information to remove and install the microSD card from and into the dual Ethernet port SMM for data backup and restore.
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Make sure the SMM that you have is a dual Ethernet port SMM. If it is a single Ethernet port SMM, go to USB flash drive removal and installation for single Ethernet port SMM instead. See System Management Module (SMM) to discern the type of SMM that you have.
Complete the following steps to remove and install the microSD card for SMM data backup and restore.
- Complete the following steps to perform backup of SMM settings, enclosure VPD and PDM VPD. For more information, see SMM backup and recovery.
- Update the solution firmware to the latest level.
- Log in to SMM web interface.
- Go to System Information section, and select enclosure VPD or PDM VPD tab.
- Perform data backup.
- Remove the dual Ethernet port SMM (see Remove the System Management Module (SMM)).
- Locate the microSD card holder on the dual Ethernet port SMM.Figure 1. MicroSD card removal
- Press on the microSD card, and pull it way from the holder.
- Locate the microSD card holder on the new dual Ethernet port SMM.NoteFor proper data restore, make sure to replace the
dual Ethernet port SMM with another unit of the same type of SMM. Do not replace the dual Ethernet port SMM with a single Ethernet port SMM.
- Align the microSD card with the card holder; then, gently push the microSD card into the holder .Figure 2. MicroSD card installation