Remove a low-profile PCIe x8 adapter
Use this information to remove a low-profile PCIe x8 adapter.
Before you remove a low-profile PCIe x8 adapter:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Power off all the compute nodes and peripheral devices (see Power off the compute node).
Disengage all the compute nodes from the enclosure.
Disconnect the power cords and all external cables from the rear of the enclosure.
If the cable management arm is installed, remove it (see Remove the cable management arm).
Remove the shuttle (see Remove the shuttle).
Locate the adapter.Figure 1. Adapter location
Complete the following steps to remove a low-profile PCIe x8 adapter from the shuttle.
Watch the procedure
- A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
Figure 2. Adapter removal
- Rotate the retention bracket to the open position.
- Remove the screw if present.
- Carefully grasp the adapter by its top edge or upper corners, and pull the adapter out of the shuttle.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.