Disassemble the enclosure for recycle
Follow the instructions in this section to disassemble the enclosure for recycle.
About this task
Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Turn off the solution and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the compute node).
- If the solution is installed in a rack, remove the solution from the rack (see Remove the server/solution from the rails).CAUTIONTo avoid a drop hazard, slide the enclosure out of the rack slowly and steadily. Make sure to grip the enclosure with both hands when pulling it forward on the slide rails and lifting it out of the rack. Use safe practices when lifting.
- Remove all of the compute nodes (see Remove a compute node from the enclosure).
- Remove the power supplies (see Remove a hot-swap power supply).
- Remove the SMM2 (see Remove the hot-swap SMM2).
- Remove the fans (see Remove a hot-swap fan).
- Remove the enclosure cover (see Remove the enclosure cover).
- Remove the upper power distribution board (see Remove the upper power distribution board).
- Remove the enclosure air baffles (see Remove the enclosure air baffles).
- Remove the lower power distribution board (see Remove the lower power distribution board).
After you finish
After disassembling the enclosure, comply with local regulations when recycling it.