Install a PCIe adapter
Use this information to install a PCIe adapter.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- If a filler is installed, remove the screw and remove the filler out of the PCIe riser-cage.Figure 1. Filler removal
- For shared I/O or socket direct configurations, connect the cable.
Figure 2. PCIe adapter cable installationAttention
- Gently push the connectors into the slots.
- Close the cable covers and slightly press the cable covers until they click into place.
- Insert the two latches into the slots next to the connectors.
- Close the cable clip covers and slightly press them to secure the connectors.
There are WHITE CABLE and BLACK CABLE callouts on the adapter, connect the cables to the connectors according to the cable colors.
There are MAIN and AUX labels on cables, connect MAIN ends to the main adapter and connect AUX ends to the auxiliary adapter.
- Align the adapter with the PCIe slot on the riser-cage; then, carefully press the adapter straight into the slot until it is securely seated. Fasten the screw to secure the adapter.Figure 3. PCIe adapter installation
Install the PCIe riser assembly. See Install a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-6) , PCIe riser assembly replacement (ConnectX-7 NDR 200), or Install a PCIe riser assembly (ConnectX-7 NDR 400).
Install the tray cover. See Install the tray cover.
Install the tray into the enclosure. See Install a DWC tray in the enclosure.
- Connect all required external cables to the solution.NoteUse extra force to connect QSFP cables to the solution.
Check the power LED on each node to make sure it changes from fast blink to slow blink to indicate all nodes are ready to be powered on.