Install the CMOS battery - CR2032
Use this information to install the CMOS battery - CR2032.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.Do not:
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
- S005CAUTIONThe battery is a lithium ion battery. To avoid possible explosion, do not burn the battery. Exchange it only with the approved part. Recycle or discard the battery as instructed by local regulations.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- If the compute node is installed in a chassis, remove it (see Remove a compute node for instructions).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover for instructions).
- You must replace the CMOS battery with a lithium CMOS battery of the same type.
- After you replace the CMOS battery, you must reconfigure the compute node and reset the system date and time.
To install the CMOS battery - CR2032, complete the following steps:
- Follow any special handling and installation instructions that come with the CMOS battery.
- Locate the CMOS battery socket on the system board (see System-board connectors for instructions).
- Orient the CMOS battery so that the positive (+) side faces in toward the right side of the compute node.
- Pivot the CMOS battery so that you can insert it into the bottom of the socket.
- As you slide the CMOS battery into place, press the top of the CMOS battery into the socket.