Install the flash power module
Use this information to install the flash power module on the RAID adapter.
Before you install the flash power module, complete the following steps:
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- If the compute node is installed in a chassis, remove it (see Remove a compute node for instructions).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover for instructions).
This section only applies to RAID adapters that come with a flash power module.
To install the flash power module, complete the following steps:
Figure 1. Flash power module installation
- Orient the flash power module with the cable side facing the RAID adapter; then, feed the cable up through the flash power module holder.
- Slide the flash power module into the holder.
- Connect the flash power module cable to its connector on the RAID adapter. The connector is keyed. Press the cable into the connector until the connector retaining clip snaps in place.
- Route the flash power module cable through the notch in the holder; then, press the flash power module forward to seat it in the holder.AttentionIt is important to route the flash power module cable through the notch in holder to prevent the cable from catching on the DIMM connector latches when the RAID adapter is installed in a compute node.
- Install the RAID adapter in the compute node. (see Install the RAID adapter for instructions).