Install the PCIe adapter (Slot 3)
Use this information to install the PCIe adapter to PCIe slot 3.
About this task
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
Locate the PCIe 3.0 x8 slot 3 connector. See System-board connectors.
PCIe 3.0 x8 slot 3 connector is dedicated for a RAID adapter or M.2 boot adapter. Depending on your configuration, you can also install a RAID adapter or M.2 boot adapter in the PCIe riser assembly.
The following illustration might differ slightly from your hardware, but the installation method is the same
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- If a bracket is installed on the PCIe adapter, remove the two screws and remove the bracket.
- Connect all cables to the adapter.
- Install the PCIe adapter.Note
Ensure that you observe the installation rules and sequence in Technical rules for PCIe slots.Figure 1. PCIe adapter installation
- Lower the PCIe adapter into the server; then, firmly press it into the connector.
- Install the screw to secure the PCIe adapter.