Install a PCIe adapter (Riser)
Use this information to install a PCIe adapter to the riser.
About this task
GPU adapters are only supported on servers with redundant power supply.
- When a ThinkSystem Intel E810-DA2 Ethernet Adapter is installed, the following adapters are not supported:
ThinkSystem RAID 9350-16i 4GB Flash PCIe 12Gb Adapter
ThinkSystem RAID 9350-8i 2GB Flash PCIe 12Gb Adapter
ThinkSystem RAID 5350-8i PCIe 12Gb Adapter
ThinkSystem 4350-8i SAS/SATA 12Gb HBA
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Connect all cables to the adapter.
- Install the bracket to the PCIe adapter.
- Install the PCIe adapter.Note
Ensure that you observe the installation rules and sequence in Technical rules for PCIe slots.Figure 1. PCIe adapter installationNote
For the detail connectors on the PCIe riser card, see PCIe riser assembly.
Install one adapter at a time, do not insert two adapters to the riser card at the same time.
- If fillers are installed on the rear side of the riser cage, remove them.
- Align and insert the PCIe adapter assembly into the slot on the PCIe riser. Make sure you install the PCIe adapter into the correct slot.