Remove the air baffle
Use this information to remove the air baffle.
About this task
Depending on the model, your server might not have an air baffle installed. The air baffle you want to remove might be different from the following illustrations, but the removal method is the same.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If there is a RAID flash power module installed on the bottom of the air baffle, disconnect the RAID flash power module cable first.
- Press the release tab to release the connector.
- Disengage the connector from the cable socket.NoteFailing to release the tab before removing the cables will damage the cable sockets on the system board. Any damage to the cable sockets might require replacing the system board.Figure 1. Disconnecting RAID flash power module cables
- Grasp the air baffle and carefully lift it out of the server.Figure 2. Air baffle removalAttentionOperating the server with the air baffle removed might damage server components. For proper cooling and airflow, install the air baffle before you power on the server.
After you finish
If you would like to reuse the RAID flash power module installed on the bottom of the air baffle, remove it from the air baffle. See Remove the RAID flash power module on the air baffle.