Remove the RAID flash power module on the air baffle
Use this information to remove the RAID flash power module on the air baffle.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module.
- Press the release tab to release the connector.
- Disengage the connector from the cable socket.NoteFailing to release the tab before removing the cables will damage the cable sockets on the system board. Any damage to the cable sockets might require replacing the system board.Figure 1. Disconnecting RAID flash power module cables
- Remove the air baffle from the chassis. See Remove the air baffle.
- Remove the RAID flash power module on the air baffle.Figure 2. Removal of the RAID flash power module on the air baffle
- Open the retention clip on the holder of the RAID flash power module.
- Take the RAID flash power module out of the holder.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old RAID flash power module, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.