Install the RAID flash power module on the air baffle
Use this information to install the RAID flash power module on the air baffle.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the RAID flash power module to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the RAID flash power module out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the RAID flash power module on the air baffle.Figure 1. Installation of the RAID flash power module on the air baffle
- Open the retention clip on the holder.
- Put the RAID flash power module into the air baffle and press it down to secure it into the air baffle.
After you finish
Install the air baffle on the chassis. See Install the air baffle.
Connect the flash power module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the flash power module. See RAID flash power modules.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.