Remove the half-height cable wall brackets
Use this information to remove the half-height cable wall brackets.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Prepare your server.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If your server comes with an air baffle or middle cage, remove it first.
- Remove the fan cage. See Remove the system fan cage.
- Record all the cables that are passing through the cable wall brackets and disconnect them.
- Remove the half-height cable wall brackets.Figure 1. Cable wall brackets removal
- Remove the two screws.
- Lift the brackets up from the system board.
After you finish
Install the full-height cable wall brackets. See Install the full-height cable wall brackets.
If you are instructed to return the defective component, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.