Install the front I/O module
Use this information to install the front I/O module.
About this task
1 Front operator panel without an LCD display
1 Front operator panel with an LCD display (called integrated diagnostics panel)
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- (Optional) If you are replacing the integrated diagnostics panel, insert the diagnostics panel into the front I/O module. Ensure that the panel is fully seated into the assembly.Figure 1. Diagnostics panel installation
- Install the front I/O module.Figure 2. Front I/O module without the LCD displayFigure 3. Front I/O module with the LCD display (integrated diagnostics panel)
- Insert the front I/O module into the front chassis.
- Install the screw to secure the front I/O module in place.