Install the power distribution board of the fixed power supply
Follow instructions in this section to install the power distribution board of the fixed power supply.
About this task
- S001DANGERdangerElectrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Lay the server on its side for easier operation.
- Install the power distribution board of the fixed power supply.
Figure 1. Installing the power distribution board of the fixed power supply
- Align the large opening of the three keyholes on the power distribution board with the three T-head pins in the chassis; then, slide the board backwards (toward the tape drive/optical drive cage direction) to seat the board in place.
- Fasten the screw as illustrated to secure the power distribution board to the chassis.
- Connect the power cables to the new power distribution board; then, properly route the cables and secure the cables with the cable clips and ties in the chassis.Note
Ensure that all cables are routed through the correct cable clips.
As the processor power connectors on the power distribution board may look similar in appearance, make sure that the power supply processor power cable and the processor power cable are routed correctly. See the cable routing section of Fixed power supply.