Remove the power distribution board of the hot-swap power supply
Follow instructions in this section to remove the power distribution board of the hot-swap redundant power supply.
About this task
To avoid potential danger, read and follow the following safety statements.
- S001DANGERdangerElectrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
Remove any locking device that secures the server cover, such as a Kensington lock or a pad lock.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the server cover (see Remove the server cover).
- Remove the hot-swap redundant power supply (see Remove a hot-swap power supply).
- Remove the power distribution board.
NoteCarefully handle the power distribution board by its edges.Figure 1. Removing the power distribution board of the hot-swap power supply
- Remove the screw that secures the power distribution board cover, and remove the cover from the chassis.
- Pull the power distribution board out.
- Disconnect the power cables from the power distribution board.
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.