Install the front panel board assembly
Follow instructions in this section to install the front panel board assembly.
About this task
To avoid potential danger, read and follow the following safety statements.
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Connect cables to the new front panel board assembly and route the cables through the corresponding hole on the chassis.
- Install the front panel board assembly.
Figure 1. Installing the front panel board assembly
- Align the tab on the top and on the right side of the front panel board assembly with the side of the corresponding hole in the chassis.
- Pivot the front panel board assembly in until it clicks into place.
- Connect the respective cables to the Front panel connector and the Front USB connector on the system board. See System-board components and Front panel.
After this task is completed
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.