Remove the front panel board assembly
Follow instructions in this section to remove the front panel board assembly.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
Remove any locking device that secures the server cover, such as a Kensington lock or a pad lock.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Locate the front panel board assembly and disconnect the cables from the system board. See System-board components.
- Remove the front panel board assembly.
Figure 1. Removing the front panel board assembly
- Press the release tab in the direction as shown in the illustration.
- Pivot the front panel board assembly outwards. Pull the cables out to completely remove the front panel board assembly from the chassis.
- Disconnect cables from the front panel board assembly.
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.