Install the rear system fan
Follow instructions in this section to install the rear system fan.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- S009CAUTIONTo avoid personal injury, disconnect the fan cables before removing the fan from the device.
- S017CAUTIONHazardous moving fan blades nearby. Keep fingers and other body parts away.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read the Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Align the four tips on the rear system fan with the corresponding slots in the mounting area.Figure 1. Positioning the rear system fan into the chassis
- Slide the rear system fan until it snaps into place. Ensure that all four tips on the fan are inserted into the corresponding slots as demonstrated.Figure 2. Installing the rear system fan
- Connect the fan power cable to the Rear fan connector on the system board. See System-board components and Fan power cable.