Remove the intrusion switch
Follow this procedure to remove the intrusion switch.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, see Power off the server.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack. See Remove the server from the rails.
Remove any locking device that secures the server, such as a Kensington lock or a padlock.
Place the server on its side with the cover up.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for this task.
- Remove the server cover, see Remove the server cover.Note
The heat sink and processor could be very hot. To avoid burning yourself, wait for a few minutes after turning off the server before you remove the server cover.
- Remove the server cover, see Remove the server cover.
- Disconnect the intrusion switch cable from the system board.Figure 1. Disconnecting the intrusion switch cable from system board
- Remove the intrusion switch.
- Remove the screw that secures the intrusion switch to the chassis.
- Remove the intrusion switch from the chassis.Figure 2. Removing the intrusion switch
Install a new intrusion switch, see Install the intrusion switch.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.