Install the Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM)
Use this information to install the Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM).
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node (see Remove a compute node from the enclosure).
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover).
- TCM is the unique component for the nodes that are sold in China.
When the TCM is removed, all TCM functions will be disabled.
Complete the following steps to install the TCM.
- A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the TCM to any unpainted metal surface on the chassis or any unpainted metal surface on any other grounded rack component; then, remove the TCM from the package.
- Carefully hold the TCM by its edges and insert it into the TCM connector on the system board.
After you install the TCM, complete the following steps:
If the air baffle is removed, reinstall it (see Install the air baffle).
Reinstall the compute node cover (see Install the compute node cover).
Reinstall the compute node (see Install a compute node in the enclosure).
Check the power LED to make sure it transitions between fast blink and slow blink to indicate the node is ready to be powered on.