Install the TCM/TPM adapter (for China only)
Use this information to install the TCM/TPM adapter.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- If the compute node is installed in a chassis, remove it (see Remove a compute node for instructions).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the right side pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover for instructions).
To install the TCM/TPM adapter, complete the following steps:
- Remove the air baffle (see Remove the air baffle for instructions).
- Locate the TCM/TPM adapter connector on the system board (see System-board connectors for instructions).).
- If an I/O expansion adapter is installed in the I/O expansion 3 connector (see System-board connectors for the location of the connector), you will need to remove it first (see Remove an I/O expansion adapter for instructions), as it will block your access to the TCM/TPM adapter connector.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the TCM/TPM adapter to any unpainted metal surface on the Flex System chassis or any unpainted metal surface on any other grounded rack component; then, remove the TCM/TPM adapter from the package.
- Carefully hold the TCM/TPM adapter by its edges and insert it into the TCM/TPM adapter connector on the system board.