Install an intrusion switch
Use this information to install an intrusion switch.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the intrusion switch to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the intrusion switch out of the package and place them on a static-protective surface.
- Remove the system fan 4.
- Install the intrusion switch.
- Insert the intrusion switch into the cage.
- Route the cable into the cable clip.
- Connect the cable of the intrusion switch to the intrusion switch connector on the processor board. See Intrusion switch.
- Re-install the system fan 4.
- Align the four corners of the fan to fan module socket and put it down.
- Press the fan latch down to ensure that it is plugged in the connector.
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.