Install the security bezel
Use this information to install the security bezel.
About this task
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- A video of this procedure is available on YouTube.
- If you have removed the rack latches, reinstall them. See Install the rack latches.
- If the key is held inside the security bezel, remove it out of the security bezel.Figure 1. Key removal
- Install the security bezel to the chassis.Figure 2. Security bezel installation
- Insert the tab on the security bezel into the slot on the right rack latch.
- Press and hold the blue release latch.
- Rotate the security bezel inward until the left side clicks into place.
- Use the key to lock the security bezel to the closed position.Figure 3. Locking the security bezel
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.