Install the server to the rack
Follow instructions in this section to install the server to the rack.
|18 - 32 kg (39 - 70 lb)
|32 - 55 kg (70 - 121 lb)
Potential stability hazards exist. The rack might tip over and cause serious personal injury.
Before extending the rack to the installation position, read the Installation Guidelines. Do not put any load on the slide-rail mounted equipment in the installation position. Do not leave the slide-rail mounted equipment in the installation position.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
Go to Drivers and Software download website for ThinkSystem SR630 V3 to see the latest firmware and driver updates for your server.
Go to Update the firmware for more information on firmware updating tools.
- From the front of the rack, pull the rails all the way out until they stop.AttentionYou can only install the server successfully when the rails are fully extended.Figure 1. Pulling out the rails
- Carefully lift up the server with three people.CAUTIONMake sure three people are lifting the sever by holding the
1 lift points.Figure 2. Lifting up the server
- From the front of the rack, install server into the rails.AttentionYou can only install the server successfully when the rails are fully extended.
- Tilt the server and slowly lower the its rear end; then, push the rails toward the server and make sure the farthest nailheads on server’s left and right side go into the slots on the rail.
- Slowly lower the server down and make sure the other 3 nailheads on server’s left and right side slip into corresponding slots.
- Slide the server into rack.Figure 3. Installing the server into the rack
- Push up the 1 latches on the rails.
- Push the server all the way into the rack until both latches lock into position with a click.
- (Optional) Secure the server to the rack.
- Install one M6 screw to each of the rails to secure the server to the rear of the rack.Figure 4. Securing the server to the rear of the rack
- Secure the server to the front of the rack. Fasten the two 2 screws located on the 1 rack latches.Figure 5. Securing the server to the front of the rack
- Install one M6 screw to each of the rails to secure the server to the rear of the rack.