Remove a power-supply-unit air baffle
Use this information to understand how to remove a power-supply-unit air baffle.
About this task
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- A video of this procedure is available on YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cables adjacent to the power-supply-unit air baffle. For proper operation guidelines, see Internal cable routing.
- Remove the power-supply-unit air baffle.Figure 1. Power-supply-unit air baffle removal
- Loosen the screw on the air baffle.
- Lift the air baffle out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.