Remove a rearwall bracket
Use this information to remove a rearwall bracket.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for the task.
- If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the riser assembly or rear drive cage.
- Remove the rearwall bracket.
NoteThe illustrations show removing the A1, B1, and C1 rearwall brackets. The procedure is the same for removing other rearwall brackets.Figure 1. A1 rearwall bracket removal (left)Figure 2. B1 rearwall bracket removal (middle)Figure 3. C1 rearwall bracket removal (right)
- Remove the screws.
- Remove the bracket from the chassis as shown.
After you finish
Install required rearwall brackets back to the rear chassis.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.