Install the LOM adapter
Use this information to install the LOM adapter.
If the server comes with a LOM adapter slot bracket, remove it with a tool first. Store the bracket in case that you later remove the LOM adapter and need the bracket to cover the place.CAUTIONUse a tool to remove the LOM adapter slot bracket to avoid injury.
Lift the LOM-adapter air baffle out of the chassis.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the new LOM adapter to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new LOM adapter out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
To install the LOM adapter, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure
A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Place the LOM adapter into the connector at an angle.
- Rotate the LOM adapter down.
- Push the LOM adapter as shown to insert it into the connector on the system board.
- Tighten the thumbscrew to secure the LOM adapter.
- Align the mounting stud on the chassis with the hole in the LOM-adapter air baffle. Then, pinch the tab 1 and lower the LOM-adapter air baffle onto the LOM adapter.