Install the 7mm drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to install the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- (Only for the 2FH+7mm SSD riser cage) Hook the securing clip over the riser adapter on the riser cage.Figure 1. Installing the 7mm drive cage securing clip
- (Only for the 2FH+7mm SSD riser cage) Install the 7mm drive cage to the riser assembly.Figure 2. Installing the 7mm drive cage to the riser assembly
- Align the left-side pin on the 7mm drive cage with the positioning slot on the securing clip, the two holes on the side brackets of the 7mm drive cage with the two holes on the front of the riser cage. Install the 7mm drive cage to the riser assembly.
- Install the two screws to secure the 7mm drive cage in place.
- Install the 7mm riser assembly to the chassis.
2FH+7mm SSD riser cageFigure 3. Installing the 2FH+7mm SSD riser cage
- Align the riser assembly with the slot on the system board assembly, and lower and insert the riser into the riser slot.
- Tighten the screw to secure the riser assembly in place.
- 7mm SSD riser cageFigure 4. Installing the 7mm SSD riser cage
- Connect the cables to the backplanes. See Internal cable routing.
After you finish
Reinstall all the drives and fillers (if any) into the drive bays. See Install a hot-swap drive.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.