Install the front I/O module
Follow instructions in this section to install the front I/O module.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- (Optional) If you are replacing the integrated diagnostics panel, insert the diagnostics panel into the front I/O module. Ensure that the panel is fully seated into the assembly.Figure 1. Installing the integrated diagnostics panel
- Install the front I/O module.Figure 2. Front I/O module with the front operator panelFigure 3. Front I/O module with the integrated diagnostics panel
- Insert the front I/O module into the front chassis.
- Install the screw to secure the front I/O module in place.
After you finish
Connect the cables of the front I/O module to the system board assembly. See Internal cable routing.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.