Remove the front I/O module
Follow instructions in this section to remove the front I/O module.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for the task.
- If the security bezel is installed, remove it. See Remove the security bezel.
- If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove the air baffle. See Remove the air baffle.
- Disconnect the cables of the front I/O module from the system board assembly.Note
Figure 1. Disconnecting cables from the system board assembly
If you need to disconnect cables from the system board assembly, disengage all latches or release tabs on cable connectors first. Failing to release the tab before removing the cables will damage the cable sockets on the system board assembly. Any damage to the cable sockets might require replacing the processor board or system I/O board.
The connectors on your system board assembly might look different from those in the illustration, but the removal procedure is the same.
Press the release tab to release the connector.
Disengage the connector from the cable socket.
- Remove the front I/O module from the front chassis.Figure 2. Front I/O module with the front operator panelFigure 3. Front I/O module with the integrated diagnostics panel
- Remove the screw that secure the front I/O module.
- Slide the front I/O module out of the front chassis.
- (Optional) If you are replacing the integrated diagnostics panel, remove the diagnostics panel from the front I/O module.Figure 4. Removing the integrated diagnostics panel
- Press down the clips as shown.
- Pull the diagnostics panel by its handle to get it out of its assembly.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.