Remove the server from rack
Follow instructions in this section to remove the server from the rack.
|18 - 32 kg (39 - 70 lb)||32 - 55 kg (70 - 121 lb)|
Use safe practices when lifting.
Do not place any object on top of a rack-mounted device unless that rack-mounted device is intended for use as a shelf.
Potential stability hazards exist. The rack might tip over and cause serious personal injury.
Before extending the rack to the installation position, read the Installation Guidelines. Do not put any load on the slide-rail mounted equipment in the installation position. Do not leave the slide-rail mounted equipment in the installation position.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Make sure to have three people operate the server removal procedures to prevent injury.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Loosen the two thumbscrews located on the front of the server to disengage it from the rack.Figure 1. Disengaging server from the rack
1 Rack latch 2 Thumbscrew
- Hold the mounting ears on the front of the server; then, slide the server all the way out until it stops.Figure 2. Pulling out the server
1 Rack latch (Mounting ear)
- Remove the server from the rack.CAUTIONMake sure three people are lifting the sever by holding the lift points.Figure 3. Lifting up the server
1 Lift pointFigure 4. Removing the server from the rack.
1 Release tab
- Press the release tabs to disengage the rails from the server.
- Carefully lift up the front end of the server slightly to detach the nailheads from the slots on the rails.
- Lift up the server to remove it from the rails completely. Place the server on a flat and sturdy surface.
After you finish
Carefully lay the server on a flat, static-protective surface.