Install the server to rack
Follow instructions in this section to install the server to the rack.
|18 - 32 kg (39 - 70 lb)||32 - 55 kg (70 - 121 lb)|
Potential stability hazards exist. The rack might tip over and cause serious personal injury.
Before extending the rack to the installation position, read the Installation Guidelines. Do not put any load on the slide-rail mounted equipment in the installation position. Do not leave the slide-rail mounted equipment in the installation position.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Go to Drivers and Software download website for ThinkSystem SR665 V3 to see the latest firmware and driver updates for your server.
Go to Update the firmware for more information on firmware updating tools.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- From the front of the rack, pull the rails all the way out until they stop.AttentionYou can only install the server successfully when the rails are fully extended.Figure 1. Pulling out the rails
- Carefully lift up the server with three people.CAUTIONMake sure three people are lifting the sever by holding the lift points.Figure 2. Lifting up the server
1 Lift point
- From the front of the rack, install the server into the rails.Figure 3. Installing the server into the rails
- Tilt the server and slowly lower its rear end; then, push the rails toward the server and make sure the farthest nailheads on server’s left and right side go into the slots on the rail.
- Slowly lower the server down and make sure the other three nailheads on server’s left and right sides slip into corresponding slots.NoteInspect the sides of the rails to make sure the nailheads are placed in the slots.
- Slide the server into rack.Figure 4. Installing the server into the rack
- Push up the latches on the rails.
- Push the server all the way into the rack until both latches lock into position with a click.
- (Optional) Secure the server to the rack.
- Install one M6 screw to each of the rails to secure the server to the rear of the rack.Figure 5. Securing the server to the rear of the rack
- Fasten the two thumbscrews located on the front of the server.Figure 6. Securing the server to the front of the rack
1 Rack latch 2 Thumbscrew
- Install one M6 screw to each of the rails to secure the server to the rear of the rack.
Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
Power on the server and any peripheral devices. See Power on the server.
Update the server configuration. See Complete the parts replacement.