Remove the power button with LED
Follow this procedure to remove the power button with LED.
About this task
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, see Power off the server.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack. See Remove the server from the rails.
Remove any locking device that secures the server, such as a Kensington lock or a padlock.
Place the server on its side with the cover up.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for this task.
- Remove the server cover, see Remove the server cover.Note
The heat sink and processor could be very hot. To avoid burning yourself, wait for a few minutes after turning off the server before you remove the server cover.
- Remove the front bezel, see Remove the front bezel.
- Remove the front panel, see Remove the front panel.
- Remove the server cover, see Remove the server cover.
- Remove the power button with LED from the front panel.
- Press the release tab on the power button to release it from the front panel.
- Remove the power button from the front panel.Figure 1. Removing the power button with LED
Install a new power button, see Install the power button with LED.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.