Adjust the retainer on the M.2 backplane
Use this information to adjust the retainer on the M.2 backplane.
Before adjusting the retainer on the M.2 backplane, locate the correct keyhole that the retainer should be installed into to accommodate the particular size of the M.2 drive you wish to install.
To adjust the retainer on the M.2 backplane, complete the following steps:
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube
- Press both sides of the retainer 1.
- Move the retainer forward until it is in the large opening of the keyhole.
- Take the retainer out of the keyhole.
- Insert the retainer into the correct keyhole.
- Press both sides of the retainer.
- Slide the retainer backwards until it is seated in place.