Install the M.2 backplane assembly
Use this information to install the M.2 backplane assembly.
About this task
SD665 V3 Conduction Plate Parts
SD665 V3 Miscellaneous Parts Kit
M.2 Putty Pad Kit
To identify the gap pad/putty pad location and orientation, see Gap pad/Putty pad identification and location.
Before replacing the gap pad/putty pad, gently clean the interface plate or the hardware surface with an alcohol cleaning pad.
Hold the gap pad/putty pad carefully to avoid deformation. Make sure no screw hole or opening is blocked by the gap pad/putty pad material.
Do not use expired putty pad. Check the expiry date on putty pad package. If the putty pads are expired, acquire new ones to properly replace them.
Go to Drivers and Software download website for ThinkSystem SD665 V3 to see the latest firmware and driver updates for your server.
Go to Update the firmware for more information on firmware updating tools.
- Replace the putty pad on bottom side of the M.2 backplane cold plate with new ones. Make sure to follow Gap pad/putty pad replacement guidelines.Figure 1. Putty pads on the M.2 backplane cold plate (bottom side)
- Install the M.2 backplane cold plate.
Figure 2. M.2 backplane cold plate installation
- Place the M.2 cold plate onto the front processor (Processor 1) cold plate.
- Fasten the two screws to secure the M.2 backplane cold plate to the processor cold plate.
- Replace the putty pad on the processor (Processor 1) cold plate and the M.2 backplane cold plate with new ones. Make sure to follow Gap pad/putty pad replacement guidelines.Figure 3. Putty pads on processor cold plate and M.2 cold plate
- Install the M.2 backplane assembly.
Figure 4. M.2 backplane assembly installation
- Connect the cable to the M.2 backplane assembly.
- Install the M.2 backplane assembly into the node.
- Secure the six screws.
- Connect the cable to the system board.Figure 5. M.2 backplane assembly cable installation
Install the cross braces. See Install the cross braces.
Install the tray cover. See Install the tray cover.
Install the tray into the enclosure. See Install a DWC tray in the enclosure.
- Connect all required external cables to the solution.NoteUse extra force to connect QSFP cables to the solution.
Check the power LED on each node to make sure it changes from fast blink to slow blink to indicate all nodes are ready to be powered on.