Install an EDSFF drive
Use this information to install an EDSFF drive.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the drive to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the drive out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.Note
Ensure that drive installation meets Technical rules for drives.
- Install the EDSFF drive.Figure 1. EDSFF drive installation
- Ensure that the drive tray handle is in the open position. Slide the drive into the drive bay until it snaps into position.
- Close the drive tray handle to lock the drive in place.
- Continue to install additional EDSFF drives if necessary.
- Install the EDSFF drive cage cover.Figure 2. EDSFF drive cage cover installation
- Install the drive cage cover in place.
- Close the drive cage handle.
After you finish
Reinstall the security bezel if you have removed it. See Install the security bezel.
Use the Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager to configure the RAID if necessary. For more information, see: Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager portal page