Install a 2.5/3.5-inch hot-swap drive
Use this information to install a 2.5/3.5-inch hot-swap drive.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the drive to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the drive out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.Note
Ensure that drive installation meets Technical rules for drives.
- Remove the drive filler from the drive bay and keep the drive filler in a safe place.Figure 1. Drive filler removal
- Install the drive in the drive bay.Figure 2. Hot-swap drive installation
- Ensure that the drive tray handle is in the open position. Slide the drive into the drive bay until it snaps into position.
- Close the drive tray handle to lock the drive in place.
- Check the drive LEDs to verify that the drive is operating correctly. For details, see Drive LEDs.
- Continue to install additional hot-swap drives if necessary.
After you finish
Reinstall the security bezel if you have removed it. See Install the security bezel.
Use the Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager to configure the RAID if necessary. For more information, see: Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager portal page
If you have installed an Anybay backplane with U.3 NVMe drives for Trimode, enable U.3 x1 mode for the selected drive slots on the backplane through the XCC Web GUI. See U.3 NVMe drive can be detected in NVMe connection, but cannot be detected in Tri-mode.