Install an EDSFF cage
Use this information to install an EDSFF cage.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the EDSFF cage to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. And then, take the EDSFF cage out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Slide the diagnostics panel assembly into the front chassis as shown. And ensure that it is seated in place.Figure 1. EDSFF cage installation
- Remove the EDSFF drive cage cover.Figure 2. EDSFF drive cage cover removal
- Open the handle as shown.
- Grasp the handle and remove the drive cage cover.
- Install EDSFF drives into the EDSFF cage. See Install a hot-swap EDSFF drive.