Remove an EDSFF cage
Use this information to remove an EDSFF cage.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- If the security bezel is installed, remove it first. See Remove the security bezel.
- Locate the EDSFF cage you need to remove, and then remove all the EDSFF drives installed in it. See Remove a hot-swap EDSFF drive.
- Remove the EDSFF cage from the chassis.Figure 1. EDSFF cage removal
- Press down the extended tab on the other side of the front chassis.
- Slide the EDSFF cage out of the front chassis.