Install the system I/O board
Follow the instructions in this section to install the system I/O board.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding systems.
- A video of this procedure is available on YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the system I/O board to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the system I/O board out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the system I/O board.Figure 1. System I/O board installation
- Align the contacts on the system I/O board with the slots on the processor board, and use both hands to push the system I/O board and slightly insert it into the connector.NoteTo prevent the contacts of the system I/O board from damage, ensure that the system I/O board is aligned correctly with the connector on the processor board, and remains as horizontal as possible during the insertion.Figure 2. Install with both hands
- Install the screws to install the system I/O board to the supporting metal sheet.
- Align the contacts on the system I/O board with the slots on the processor board, and use both hands to push the system I/O board and slightly insert it into the connector.
- Install the Firmware and RoT Security Module, see Install the Firmware and RoT Security Module.
- Install the MicroSD card.Figure 3. MicroSD card installation
- Place the MicroSD card into the socket.
- Close the socket lid.
- Slide the socket lid to LOCK position.
After you finish
- Install any components that you have removed before the removal of system I/O board.
Properly route and secure the cables in the server. Refer to detailed cable routing information for each component in Internal cable routing.
Install the rear drive cage if you have removed it. See Install the hot-swap rear drive assembly.
Install the air baffle if you have removed it. See Install the air baffle.
Install the top cover. See Install the top cover.
Push the power supplies into the bays until they click into place.
Connect power cords to the server and turn on the server.
Update the Vital Product Data (VPD) of the system board assembly. See Update the Vital Product Data (VPD).
If hiding TPM or updating TPM firmware is needed, see Hide TPM or Update the TPM firmware.
Optionally, enable Secure Boot. See Enable UEFI Secure Boot.