Install the middle drive cage
Use this information to install the middle drive cage.
Before installing the middle drive cage, touch the static-protective package that contains the new middle drive cage to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new internal drive assembly out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
To install the middle drive cage, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure. A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube.
- Install the internal backplane on the middle drive cage.
Figure 1. Internal backplane installation
- Align the internal backplane with the middle drive cage and lower it into the middle drive cage until it is fully seated.
- Install the screws to secure the internal backplane in place.
- Align the two pins on the middle drive cage with the holes and slot in the chassis. Then, lower the middle drive assembly into the chassis and push forward the cage until it is fully seated.Figure 2. Middle drive cage installation-1
- Tighten the thumbscrews to secure the middle drive cage.Figure 3. Middle drive cage installation-2
- Hold and lift the two blue handles. Install the hot-swap drives in the middle drive cage.Figure 4. Internal hot-swap drive installation-1
- Press two blue handles and slide down the cage.Figure 5. Internal hot-swap drive installation-2
Connect the cables to the middle drive cage. See Internal cable routing.
- Use the Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager to configure the RAID if necessary. For more information, see: Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager portal pageImportant
Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager (LXPM) supported version varies by product. All versions of Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager are referred to as Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager and LXPM in this document, unless specified otherwise. To see the LXPM version supported by your server, go to Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager portal page.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.