Remove the firmware and RoT security module
Follow instructions in this section to remove the ThinkSystem V3 Firmware and Root of Trust Security Module (firmware and RoT security module).
About this task
This task must be operated by trained technicians that are certified by Lenovo Service. Do no attempt to remove or install it without proper training and qualification.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
After replacing the firmware and RoT security module, update the firmware to the specific version supported by the server. Make sure that you have the required firmware or a copy of the pre-existing firmware before you proceed.
Go to Drivers and Software download website for ThinkSystem SR650 V3 to see the latest firmware and driver updates for your server.
Go to Update the firmware for more information on firmware updating tools.
- Make preparation for the task.
- Perform OneCLI commands to back up the UEFI settings. See OneCLI commands that save configuration settings.
- Perform both OneCLI commands and XCC actions to back up the XCC settings. See OneCLI commands that save configuration settings and Using XCC to back up the BMC configuration.
- If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If your server comes with riser assemblies or a rear drive cage, remove it first.
- Remove the firmware and RoT security module.Figure 1. firmware and RoT security module removal
- Loosen the two screws on the firmware and RoT security module.
- Lift the firmware and RoT security module out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.