Install a RAID flash power module on the middle 2.5-inch drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to install a RAID flash power module (also called supercap) on the middle 2.5-inch drive cage.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the RAID flash power module on the middle drive cage.Figure 1. Installing the RAID flash power module on the middle drive cage
- Put the RAID flash power module into the holder, and press it down to secure it into the holder.
- Align the pins on the metal cover with the holes in the supercap holder, pull out the blue latch on the cover, and slide the cover into the holder until the pins pass through the holes. Then, release the blue latch to lock the cover into place.
- Press the latch as shown and close the handle.Figure 2. Closing the handle of the middle drive cage
- Install the rubber onto the cover of the supercap holder.Figure 3. Installing the rubber
- Connect the RAID flash power module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the RAID flash power module. See Internal cable routing.
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.