Install a RAID flash power module on the air baffle
Follow instructions in this section to install a RAID flash power module (also called supercap) on the air baffle.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the RAID flash power module on the air baffle.Figure 1. Installing the RAID flash power module on the air baffle
- Open the retention clip on the holder.
- Put the RAID flash power module into the holder.
- Press it down to secure it into the holder.
- Connect the RAID flash power module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the RAID flash power module. See Internal cable routing.