Install a RAID flash power module on the chassis
Follow instructions in this section to install a RAID flash power module (also called supercap) on the chassis.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new part to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new part out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Install the supercap holder if you have removed it.Figure 1. Installing the supercap holder
- Align the keyhole on the supercap holder with the pin on the chassis, and lower the supercap holder into the chassis.
- Slide the supercap holder in the shown direction until it clicks into place.
- Install the RAID flash power module.Figure 2. Installing the RAID flash power module on the supercap holder
- Insert the RAID flash power module into the retaining clip at one side as shown.
- Press the RAID flash power module down on the other side until it snaps into place.
- Connect the RAID flash power module to an adapter with the extension cable that comes with the RAID flash power module. See Internal cable routing.
After you finish
Install the system fan cage. See Install the system fan cage.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.