Remove a RAID flash power module from the air baffle
Follow instructions in this section to remove a RAID flash power module (also called supercap) from the air baffle.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Before you remove any component of a RAID array (drive, RAID card, etc.), back up all RAID configuration information.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for the task.
- If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the cable of the RAID flash power module.
- Remove the RAID flash power module from the air baffle.Figure 1. Removing the RAID flash power module from the air baffle
- Open the retention clip on the holder of the RAID flash power module.
- Take the RAID flash power module out of the holder.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.