Remove the optical drive cage
Follow this procedure to remove the optical drive cage.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, see Power off the server.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack. See Remove the server from the rails.
Remove any locking device that secures the server, such as a Kensington lock or a padlock.
Place the server on its side with the cover up.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparation for this task.
- Remove the optical drive cage from the chassis.
- Rotate the handle on the optical drive cage.
- Lift the optical drive cage out from the chassis.Figure 1. Removing the optical drive cage
If applicable, replace the 3.5-inch drive cage or replace the 3.5-inch drive, see Simple-swap drive and drive cage replacement (bay 3).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.