Removing the front LED card
Use these instructions to remove the front LED card from the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis. The front LED card must be replaced when it is determined that the card is no longer functioning.
Before you remove the front LED card, complete the following tasks:
- Shut down the compute node operating system; then, shut down the compute node. See the documentation that comes with your compute nodes for the procedure to shut down the operating system.
- Disconnect the chassis from power (see Disconnecting the chassis from power).
When you remove the
compute nodes, make a note of the bay number for each compute node that you remove. Reinstalling a compute node into a different bay from the one from which it was removed can have unintended consequences. Some configuration information and update options are established according to bay number.
To remove the front LED card, complete the following steps:
- Remove the compute nodes from node bays 1 through 8 (see Removing a 1-bay compute node or Removing a 2-bay compute node).
- Remove the four chassis shelves from the bottom of the chassis (see Removing a chassis shelf for instructions).
- Remove the two T-8 Torx screws that secure the card to the chassis, using a Torx driver.
- Slide the front panel LED card access cover back and to the right and disconnect the cable from the card.
- Remove the front LED card from the chassis and place it on a flat, static-protective surface.