Removing the front LED card
Use these instructions to remove the front LED card from the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis. The front LED card must be replaced when it is determined that the card is no longer functioning.
- Shut down the compute node operating system; then, shut down the compute node. See the documentation that comes with your compute nodes for the procedure to shut down the operating system.
- Disconnect the chassis from power (see Disconnecting the chassis from power).
To remove the front LED card, complete the following steps:
- Remove the compute nodes from node bays 1 through 8 (see Removing a 1-bay compute node or Removing a 2-bay compute node).
- Remove the four chassis shelves from the bottom of the chassis (see Removing a chassis shelf for instructions).
- Remove the two T-8 Torx screws that secure the card to the chassis, using a Torx driver.
- Slide the front panel LED card access cover back and to the right and disconnect the cable from the card.
- Remove the front LED card from the chassis and place it on a flat, static-protective surface.