Install the interposer card
Use this information to install the interposer card.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- If the compute node is installed in a chassis, remove it (see Remove a compute node for instructions).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover for instructions).
To install the interposer card, complete the following steps:
- If a drive backplane is installed in the compute note that is incompatible with the interposer card, remove it (see Remove the 2.5-inch drive backplane for instructions).
- If you are installing both the interposer card and drive backplane, first install the drive backplane in the compute node (see Install a 2.5-inch drive backplane for instructions). The drive backplane goes in the rear alignment slots on the drive cage.Figure 1. Drive backplane installation with backplane alignment slots
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the interposer card to an unpainted metal surface on any grounded rack component; then, remove the interposer card from the package.
- Locate the interposer card connector on the top of drive backplane.
- Orient the connector on the interposer card with the connector on drive backplane.Figure 2. Interposer card installation
- Firmly press on the foam to seat the interposer card into the connector.Figure 3. Pressing the foam
- Remove the RAID adapter (see Remove the RAID adapter for instructions). Connect the cable to the connector on the underside of the RAID adapter.Figure 4. Connecting the cable to RAID adapter
- Reinstall the RAID adapter (see Install a RAID adapter for instructions).
- Route the cable in front of DIMM slots by inserting into clip mounted on side of storage cage.Figure 5. Routing the cable
- Install the compute node cover on the compute node (see Install the compute node cover for instructions).
- Install the compute node into the chassis (see Install a compute node for instructions).
- For configuring the RAID array, see RAID configuration for instructions).